Saturday, April 21, 2012

Preview: Romney and Obama Debate on Healthcare


Similar to what we did last year, here's a simulation of a healthcare debate between the president and Mitt Romney:


Mitt: Obamacare is expensive, unpopular, and unconstitutional; and as president I will kill it!

Obama: Your Massachusetts version of the program is supported by almost two-thirds of the state of Massachusetts (MA).

Mitt: MA's program is different than Obamacare.

Obama: If you could identify the differences that would improve it, I'd gladly consider adjustments. I never said I was against tuning it to improve it. Instead, you and the GOP just want to kill it outright.

Mitt: It was a program designed to fit MA and MA's special needs. It was not intended to be a national solution. [Actually, he once claimed it was, but we'll put that aside for now.]

Obama: How specifically are the people of MA significantly different than the nation?

Mitt: Uhhhh.....um... It's unconstitutional!

Obama: I didn't ask about constitutionality.

Mitt: If it's unconstitutional, then the opinions of the people of MA don't matter.

Obama: You are avoiding the question.

Mitt: No, I'm just stating the reality of the situation.

Obama: I disagree that it's unconstitutional, and the nation and MA deserve a reply on the MA question. Healthcare is an important topic.

Mitt: Ask them, not me.

Obama: I guess asking you was indeed a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment